The United States is a golf country. It is estimated that about 5 million Americans, young and old, enjoy golf across the country. In fact, the US houses the most number of golf courses in the world. You can only dream about setting your foot or playing most of these great courses, but they are all within reach of the serious traveling golfer.
It is true that some golf courses in the US are very pricey to play, but you can play many of those designed by some of the greatest architects in the world (Pete Dye, Robert Trent Jones, Jack Nicklaus, etc.) for less than $50. All you need to do is to find them.
Here are the 10 top golf courses in the US:
- Pine Valley – Pine Valley, N.J.
- Shinnecock Hills – Southampton, N.Y.
- Augusta National – Augusta, Ga.
- Cypress Point – Pebble Beach, Calif
- Oakmont – Oakmont, Pa.
- Pebble Beach – Pebble Beach, Calif.
- Merion (East) – Ardmore, Pa.
- Winged Foot (West) – Mamaroneck, N.Y.
- Seminole – Juno Beach, Fla.
- Crystal Downs – Frankfort, Mich.
Browse through our pages to learn more about these 10 best American golf courses. We will provide you with expert reviews and recommendations of each golf course.